Needle Exchange Sites are available in East and West County. This one-for-one syringe exchange programs allows injection drug users to receive clean syringes, condoms and harm reduction information.
Times and locations are:
- First and Second Mondays, 6-8 p.m. @ Richmond
500 B Street Street
- Tuesdays, 6-8 p.m. @ Bay Point
2495 Willow Pass Road
- Wednesdays, 6-8 p.m. @ Pittsburg
355 Central St.
Call 510-377-9448 to confirm times and locations.
- VIDEO: The Risks of the Job: Protecting Law Enforcement from Needle Stick Injuries
Made in cooperation with the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD), this documentary explains how officers can reduce the risk of infection by needle stick injuries on the job. LAPD officers visit a syringe exchange program SEP and explore the ways that SEPs can help keep law enforcement officers and their communities safer.
- Needle Exchange Update Report to Family & Human Services Committee
- Guidelines for Law Enforcement Officers