Providers & Contractors Resources
Updated AOD Certification Standards Information
On October 7, 2016, the California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) issued MHSUDS Information Notice No. 16-051 which directed providers of Mental Health and Substance Use Disorders services to implement the use of DSM-5 within their clinical documentation by April 1 2017.
Accordingly, Contra Costa County Alcohol and Other Drug Services have revised the following forms to show that the DSM-5 diagnosis code and the corresponding ICD-10 code are documented for Alcohol and Other Drug System of Care treatment providers.
- Revised CalOMS Episode Opening Form
- Intake/Admission Form
- Treatment Plan
For your convenience, the following reference materials are available below in a downloadable format.
- DSM-IV to DSM-5 Crosswalk for Substance Use Disorders
- DSM-5 (ICD-10) Codes for Substance Use Disorders
- DSM-5 Diagnosis Reference Guide
- ASAM Dimensions to ASI Domains Crosswalks
Remember: Effective April 1, 2017, all open records must have an included DSM-5 diagnosis and corresponding ICD-10 code.
- DMC Waiver Presentation
- New Drug Medi-Cal Regulations
- Medi-Cal Eligibility Expansion and Substance Use Disorder Treatment Services
- Health Care Reform In California's SUD Treatment System
- Providers Contract Workplan & Instructions
- Medi-cal Expansion - Need Technical Assistance and Consultation?
- Workforce Development Task Force report
- National Standards for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) in Health and Health Care