We encourage residents to be prepared in the event of any emergency.
In a major disaster, basic services and supplies we all count on everyday may not be available. Drinking water may be contaminated. The shelves at grocery stores could be empty. Usual means of transportation may be disrupted as transit systems and highways are rebuilt. And our homes may be without power for days and perhaps weeks.
Given the possibilities, it's critical to be prepared in the event of an emergency. Below are some resources to help get you and your family ready for a disaster:
- Are You Prepared? (72hours.org)
- Emergency Preparedness and You (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- TotallyUnprepared.com (earthquake preparedness)
- Emergency Info in Multiple Languages
- Receive Emergency Alerts on Your Cell Phone (Contra Costa County)
- Emergency Bulletins from CA Office of Emergency Services
- Are You Ready?
- MAC Group Handbook