Continuum of Care
While we currently do not have volunteer opportunities at our facilities working directly with clients we do have other opportunities to support people facing homelessness in Contra Costa. Our work could not happen without the generous donations of community members. Every donation helps to further increase the quality and level of services we provide.
Housing Security Fund
Your donation to the Contra Costa Housing Security Fund can help end homelessness for James and others like him.
This community fund covers costs that can prevent many people, including seniors, veterans and families, get back into housing, and protects property owners who offer these screened renters an opportunity.
You can make tax deductible monetary donations to the Contra Costa Housing Security Fund to help cover costs that can prevent many people, including seniors, veterans and families from getting back into housing and protects participating property owners who offer these screened renters an opportunity.
Donate to the Housing Security Fund »
Commonly needed items for our clients include:
- Sleeping bags
- Non-perishable foods
- Sponsoring a warm dinner by delivering a meal for shelters, especially around the holidays (preparation must happen offsite and delivered directly to staff)
- Gift Cards under $25/card to local fast food and shopping centers (i.e. Walmart, target) used towards youth incentives, for youth move-in funds, etc.
- Clothing for both male and female youth for warm and cold weather (interview clothing, pajamas, new undergarments, socks, etc.).
- Adult size bikes with security chain/lock
- Umbrellas and raincoats
- School supplies for youth returning to school (backpacks and supplies)
- New or gently used linens for twin size beds; new pillows
- New or gently used bath towels
- Youth friendly wall décor
- Travel size toiletries (hair products, brushes, combs, toothpaste/brushes, lotion, etc.)
- Other- as arranged with staff in advance
Please call 925-313-7700 or email@example.com to arrange for drop off or if you may have any questions or comments. We are also happy to provide a Donation Receipt Form for tax purposes.