Healthcare Provider Information on Lead Poisoning
Providers reporting elevated lead levels or needing information, call 925-313-6763.
- Management Guidelines for Childhood Lead Poisoning
- Contra Costa Lead Poisoning Prevention Project Services for Children
- Issue Brief: Childhood Lead Exposure and Educational Outcomes (PDF)
- Provider letter: "Blood Lead Screening of Young Children"
- California Department of Health Services California Department of Public Health List of Proficient Laboratories for Blood Lead Testing (PDF)
In the Journals
- Interpreting and Managing Blood Lead Levels <10 mcg/dL in Children and Reducing Childhood Exposures to Lead
MMWR 2007;56(No. RR-8):1-14,16 | PDF Version
- Lead Exposure, IQ, and Behavior in Urban 5- to 7-Year-Olds: Does Lead Affect Behavior Only by Lowering IQ?
Pediatrics 119: E650-E658
- Deaths Associated with Hypocalcemia from Chelation Therapy
MMWR, March 3, 2006
- New Thinking on Neurodevelopment
Environmental Health Perspectives, February 2006