Contra Costa County's Hazardous Materials program serves area residents by responding to emergencies and monitoring hazardous materials.
- Organization Chart
A Clean, Healthy, and Safe Environment.
The mission of the Contra Costa Health Services Hazardous Materials Programs is to protect human health and the environment by promoting pollution prevention, increasing process safety knowledge and environmental awareness, responding to incidents, and implementing consistent regulatory compliance and enforcement programs.
- Maintain a safe and professional work place that promotes productivity and teamwork
- Create an office culture that promotes a professional work place
- All businesses are in 100% compliance with Hazardous Material Programs regulations
- No major chemical accidents or releases
- Incident responses are performed safely, timely and effectively and follow safe practices
- Establish a customer service element as part of Hazardous Materials Programs
- Maintain a consistent and fair enforcement program
- Green Business has incorporated pollution prevention
- Paperless Office
- IPM Coordinator works cooperatively with County Departments to improve the County's IPM Program
CUPA FeesFor questions, concerns, and requests regarding fees please contact HazmatDirector@hsd.cccounty.us
Download the latest issue (PDF)
- Ride along with our Hazardous Materials team
- Get the answers to the most common questions about Environmental and Hazardous waste issue in Frequently Asked Questions about Environmental Health and Hazardous Materials
- Hazardous Materials Incident Search - Search our database for incidents that have occurred from 1993 to this year.
- Questions and Answers about the Industrial Safety Ordinance (ISO)
- Hazardous Materials Area Plan (revised July 2016)
- To find out more about Hazardous Materials Laws, go to these websites:
- US EPA Office of Emergency Management
- Bay Area Air Quality Management District
24-hour hotline number for emergencies only: 925-335-3232